[olug] Sybase DBA

Nick Walter nwalter at neb.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 02:12:23 UTC 2004

I know lots of good Oracle DBAs but no Sybase DBAs.  Probably means its a
rare in-demand skill and pays well :)

Just to keep this as on-topic as possible for this list:  Has anyone tried
to run Sybase on inux?  Are they a good product?  As an Oracle guy I know
Oracle has really moved into Linux heavily, to the point where new versions
of their software sometimes get released for Linux before win32.  Are other
commercial databases jumping on the linux bandwagon that heavily?

Nick Walter