[olug] Challenge: Prune a directory tree

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Oct 14 20:04:18 UTC 2004

Just for fun...

I have a big, deep directory tree. Some directories contain files, some
don't.

I want to prune out all the directories for which there are no files in
that directory, or any sub-directory thereof. Every directory contains
zero or more sub-directories.

After the solution runs, all the files should remain, untouched and
unmoved. All empty directory branches should be gone.

Clear as mud? I failed to Google a solution in 5 minutes.

Any takers? If not maybe we'll hit it for the Perl Monger mtg next Thr.
-grin-

Omaha Perl Mongers: http://omaha.pm.org