[olug] PayPal outage

Ben Dinger ben at mac-geek.com
Thu Oct 14 02:47:31 UTC 2004

In short, PayPal obviously has poor planning and testing.  It really scares me that large companies such as this are so terribly lax in their testing methods.  For example, any production website change I make at work is tested internally for at least two weeks (usually 6) before going "live".  No matter what the size of the site, proper testing is always both a must, and a option.

Also, trust them with your money?  I wouldn't.  Remember, many banking laws - including FDIC - do not apply to PayPal as they *aren't considered a bank*.