[olug] flash player on Mozilla or Konqueror on Mandrake 10

Terence Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Mon Oct 11 02:56:30 UTC 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 09:46 pm, Dave Thacker wrote:

> The "Flash Player" software you have downloaded sounds like a plug-in for
> the Mozilla web browser, and will most likely not work with Konqueror.  If
> you have really downloaded and installed mozilla, you should be able to run
> Mozilla and use it to browse huskers.com.  You can use the utility "locate"
> to find the mozilla executable.
>
> DT

Actually, the Flash plug-in works with Konqueror.

Once you have successfully installed Flash into Mozilla, you can start
Konqueror, click Settings; Configure Konqueror, scroll down to Plug-Ins (in
the left panel) and click on "Scan For New Plugins".

You may have to add to the list of scan folders in this panel before it works,
however.

The easiest way I know to determine where your Mozilla plugins directory is
(but some here more knowledgeable may know better):

(from root)
# updatedb

(from your normal user id)
$ locate plugins | grep mozilla

Look for something like /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.2/plugins (or something similar)

You can then use this location for the flash installer and to add to the
Konqueror list of directories to scan for plugins.

Flash seems to work much better under Mozilla in my experience, however.

Terry