[olug] OLUG October meeting & other events reminder

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sun Oct 3 22:22:30 UTC 2004

Reminder: The next OLUG meeting will be held on the first Tuesday of
October 2004 (5 October 2004) with the following agenda:

First, our presentation: State of the Linux Kernel, by Dave Thacker

Dave volunteered to give a "State of the Linux Kernel" talk based on the
same presentation at OSCON.  After volunteering to do the talk for this
month, and a few email threads, Dave never sent me a description or Bio
(hence the lateness of this notification).

Second: OLUG Q & A
Have a question? Problem? Something still not working after the Install
fest? Bring them up during the OLUG Q & A!

After meeting: OLUG SIG-BEER and SIG-COFFEE

SIG-BEER at The Homy Inn (New location!)
1510 N SaddleCreek Road
<a
href=”http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/ReviewWC.cfm/flat/BrewerID=1008”>Information
on the venue</a>

SIG-COFFEE (for those who want a coffee & hate bars):
Blue Line
4924 Underwood (In the Dundee area), Omaha
<a
href=”http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/30/3f78c3d4e8bba”>
Here is an article from the UNO Gateway on the venue:
http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/30/3f78c3d4e8bba</a>

See you all at the meeting, or at the SIG gatherings! If you have any
questions, contact me off list.

Other notes:
Luncheon with a Penguin: 11:30 AM on the 3rd Friday of the month, meet
everyone at China Buffet or Cali Taco's. Be sure to wear your penguin
suits (or other geek gear) so others can find you.
OLUG FAQ on Luncheon with a Penguin:
http://olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=6&categories=Special+Interest+Groups+-+SIGs#25

Where & when is the OLUG meetings held? Read the FAQ:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=Meetings

Check out the updated information and guidelines on the OLUG mailing list:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=8&categories=OLUG+mailing+list

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson