[olug] System management tools

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Nov 29 17:21:36 UTC 2004

I've refrained from throwing in my two cents, thus far, because I'm
probably not the most objective person, so take this for what it's worth.

I don't know how many users you're talking about in this installation, but
if it's significant, I would encourage you to look at Novell's identity
management solutions.  E-directory is totally cross-platform and you can
get it for $2 per user.  If you want to sync identities between Edirectory
and other apps, Nsure identity manager is available and allows you to sync
between Edir and just about anything that uses an identity type concept.
Identity manager isn't cheap, but it's possible to pick and choose your
components based on what you want to do with it.  It can also synchronise
passwords between directories.

If you're not familiar with Novell's products feel free to contact me
directly.

Bill