[olug] Linux-Friendly MP3 Players? (iRock, etc.)

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Sat Nov 27 01:19:47 UTC 2004

Rio karma is based on linux (99% sure) by the same guys that did the
empeg car hd player (I own one). The developers hang out in the bbs
over at empeg.comms.net as well.

Product page:
http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?
model=261&cat=72
Review:
http://lonelymachines.org/karma2.html

It comes with windows only software, but has a java version that runs
on linux as well. It has USB2 (player and dock) and ethernet (on dock,
even has dhcp) on the dock. I've heard a few things about there being
some quality problems in the first gen ones, so you may want to google
that.

Good luck,
Daniel