[olug] Call for Meeting Topics

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Thu Nov 25 16:45:12 UTC 2004

One area that I could use some information on is firewall congifuration. I am
going to finally get into a cable connection and would like to make use of both
the built-in firewall in my router and set up a firewall in linux with a spare
system I have available. There has been discussion of ports on the list and I
have found a list of common port assignments, but which should be blocked,
which should be left open and on which firewall is a mostly a mystery to me. I
got some ideas on what to do with them from the presentation on port knocking,
but I need some more basic information to build on.

Thanks for continuing to keep up with the needs of the group's members.

Tom Williamson