[olug] Distro recommendation

Michael Peterson Wireless mikejack at stratomail.com
Thu Nov 25 11:43:57 UTC 2004

Another distro that is keeping up with RHEL as per distrowatch.com is
http://www.raimokoski.com/lineox/  Lineox.

A minimal install of RHEL ES 3 Update 3 with more services and packages than
were originally described took less than 3 GB of disk space when completed.
It is a 4 CD Set, but many packages provide support for other languages.

The same goes for Fedora.
I did a minimal install of Fedora Core 3 last week and it took less than 3
GB used to get KDE, Gnome, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Sendmail, telnet, VNC, games,
browsers (graphical and text), etc.
Fedora Core 3 also includes Firefox.