[olug] Distro recommendation

Ryan Stille rps at willconsult.com
Wed Nov 24 20:47:48 UTC 2004

I need to install linux on a 333Mhz machine with 128MB of ram.  It will
serve as a web server, low volume file server (less than 50MB of stuff),
and eventually a router.  I don't know how big the hard drive is,
probably 3-5GB.  I will need X installed but will only fire it up once
in a while to administer something (like the web interface on an
attached wireless bridge).

Fedora is probably too much of a resource hog, and I'm not familiar with
many other distros.

I'd like something that works similar to Redhat/fedora, because that's
what I'm used to and it will be easier to administer.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Ryan