[olug] Joystick Consoles for TV

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sun Nov 14 19:13:45 UTC 2004

On Nov 13, 2004, at 11:36 PM, Adam Haeder wrote:
> I saw one of these "game systems" in the Mall of the Bluffs a few weeks
> back.  Its name was someting like "12,000 in One Game System", but when
> you got into the listing it had "only" 120 games on it, and then it
> repeated them 100 times.  Still, 120 games for ~$50 was kind of a neet
> idea, but I didn't see many titles that I really wanted to play again.
> Judging by the quality of the plastic, the type of games, and other
> "sixth
> sense" feelings, I would guess that this was one of those that was
> going
> to be targeted for lawsuit.

We bought one of those last year for Xmas. Had a fun time with it. You
can't take it too seriously, though, because the controller is too
cheap to effectively control duck-and-run techniques in Contra (for
example).

Our son is 7 and he, my brother and I easily got $50 enjoyment out of
it. If the controllers were better quality it'd be a fantastic bargain.

I know nothing about the legal ramifications. That's what I'll tell the
feds if they ask. -grin-

Mario Brothers Ru135!
No, not Super. The original. Best 2 player game ever made.