[olug] Linux Employment

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 20:43:45 UTC 2004

It surprises me that Cat is doing anything with Linux.
 Part of their Y2K plan was to dump any non-microsoft
software whenever possible; with particular attention
to ridding themselves of any Novell product.  They got
a sweet deal from Microsoft because Cat originally
developed Net Meeting.  Hmmm . . . what happened to
that little piece of code?

Maybe someone at Cat finally saw the light, but my
guess is some decision maker somewhere has some
Novell, IBM, or RedHat stock and wants to boost a
portfolio.

Cat and Linux?  I am skeptical and suspicious.

-=Sean Edwards=-