[olug] cups problem

Eli Criffield olug at criffield.net
Wed Nov 10 01:08:46 UTC 2004

Yeah nothing is listenin to port 631 so thats not the problem.
a couple of things to double check:

is there only one metion of "port 631" in the cups.conf, it could be that
its trying to bind to a port it just grabed cuse its in the config file
twice.

next thing i would look for is something in the config file telling it what
interface to bind to. I can't rember exacly how its worded but it should
say something about 127.0.0.1 to bind just to the local interface, Try
changing that to the network interface of the box, or play around with
that.

When i have a min i'll take a look at the config file and see if i can find
somethin more specific to look for

Oh and what are all the errors in your syslog when you try to start up
cups, maybe theres a clue in there.

And the firewall wouldn't have anything to do with it startin up, maybe if
you somehow firewalled the localinterface it wouldn't allow you to print
but it would still start.

eli