[olug] SMTP fun

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Fri Nov 5 21:11:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Jon H. Larsen wrote:

> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:51:04 -0600 (CST)
> From: Jon H. Larsen <relayer at levania.org>
> To: olug at olug.org
> Subject: [olug] SMTP fun
>
> I need to get this email out to a client, so I'm under the gun so
> to speak.

The client in this case was a co-worker in a remote office.  I
stopped the mail forward and switched him over to ssl imap (imaps) to get
around verizon's issues and added his static ip on his DSL modem to my
relay table in sendmail.

If Verizon is not going to play, go around them.  It's a better solution
anyway.

Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer (at) levania (dot) org
Get Firefox - http://www.getfirefox.com/