[olug] Media Players, Media Editors, Databases and Java

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 14:16:39 UTC 2004

I'm using SUSE 9.1 Professional.

I finally found out that if I right click on my .mp4
files that I can open and play them in Kaffeine or
Xine.

Is their a video editor for linux that will take the
.mp4 and allow me to make simple edits? Basically
shortening clips.  OR Would I have to find a way to
convert them to some other format before editing?

I also need to know what Database programs work well
on Linux.  I went to the MySQL page and was confused
on what version to DL.

Same thing goes for Java as directly above.

I'll be asking about Linux DVR's at some Point for the
MythTV experts out there.

Thanks in advance,
Joe Gulizia