[olug] OLUG November meeting & other events reminder

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Mon Nov 1 03:24:12 UTC 2004

Reminder: The next OLUG meeting will be held on the first Tuesday of
November 2004 (2 November 2004) with the following agenda:

First, our presentation: Linux Certifications, by Aaron Grothe.

SAIR GNU/Linux, Linux+, RHCE, RHCT, Novell/SUSE, LPI and Brainbench how
many different Linux Certifications are there?  In the process of trying
to figure out which Linux Certification to pursue I've put together some
notes, I'll share with the group about which ones I believe are worthwhile
and which aren't.  Some of the requirements for them and so on.

Aaron Grothe is the former President/CEO of Heimdall Linux, a Linux
company that was developing a Common Criteria evaluated version of
GNU/Linux several years ago.  Mr. Grothe has lately been spending his time
working for the Man in a variety of jobs (Sys/Admin, DBA, etc) and
planning his NBI (Next Big Idea).

Second: OLUG Q & A
Have a question? Problem? Something still not working after the Install
fest? Bring them up during the OLUG Q & A!

After meeting: OLUG SIG-BEER and SIG-COFFEE

SIG-BEER at The Homy Inn
1510 N SaddleCreek Road
<a
href=”http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/ReviewWC.cfm/flat/BrewerID=1008”>Information
on the venue</a>

SIG-COFFEE (for those who want a coffee & hate bars):
Blue Line
4924 Underwood (In the Dundee area), Omaha
<a
href=”http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/30/3f78c3d4e8bba”>
Here is an article from the UNO Gateway on the venue:
http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/30/3f78c3d4e8bba</a>

So go and vote, and then come to the meeting or at the SIG gatherings! If
you have any questions, contact me off list. FYI: this is the last OLUG
meeting before I move to Vegas, so you better all show up!

Other notes:
Luncheon with a Penguin: 11:30 AM on the 3rd Friday of the month, meet
everyone at China Buffet or Cali Taco's. Be sure to wear your penguin
suits (or other geek gear) so others can find you.
OLUG FAQ on Luncheon with a Penguin:
http://olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=6&categories=Special+Interest+Groups+-+SIGs#25

Where & when is the OLUG meetings held? Read the FAQ:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=Meetings

Check out the updated information and guidelines on the OLUG mailing list:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=8&categories=OLUG+mailing+list

Other upcoming events:

As always, Meetup.com: <a href=”http://www.meetup.com/
“> http://www.meetup.com/</a>

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
(The soon to be former) Publicity & Social activities chairperson