[olug] Using ALSA Sound Driver with XMMS?

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 23:46:40 UTC 2004

Running Slackware 9.1 with ALSA and I've configured it
ok, but if I select it the output plugin with XMMS as
ALSA, I get no sound, but if I leave the standard
plugin as OSS, its ok.

Anyway to get ALSA to work with XMMS?

Only in the gui when I do Options > Preferences >
Output Plugins > Select ALSA

I get the following generic message

Please Check That:

Your soundcard is configured properly
You have the correct output plugin selected
No other program is blocking the soundcard

I have set the following under /dev for sound

root at phoenix:/dev# ls -l | grep snd
drw-rw-rw-   2 cmmiller root       4096 Aug 29  2003
snd/
crw-rw-rw-   1 cmmiller sys     14,   6 Aug 29  2003
sndstat

=====
Bitch, I'm the Boss.
-Bushwick Bill of the Geto Boys