[olug] Report Generator

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Thu May 27 23:28:53 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Penne" <epenne at olug.org>
To: <olug at olug.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [olug] Report Generator

> I did find some things with Python but I haven't had the time to check
> them out.  I would like to learn Python because I've seen that it has an
> interface for some GPIB instrumentation that I would like to use to
> automate some testing.  Again I would have to learn Python first.
>
> I barely know the basics of bash scripting and html so almost any
> language would be a ground up learning experience for me.

Eric,
You can't go wrong with Python for something like this.
To learn, start here:
    "Introductions to Python programming for non-programmers",
    http://python.org/doc/Intros.html
or just Google on "learning to program in python"

There are a few of us on the Omaha Python User Group,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oma-python/
so you can email that list ( oma-python-subscribe at yahoogroups.com )
questions specific to Python and also the standard python newsgroups are
excellent resources.  Probably one of the friendliest newsgroups out there.

-Jeff