[olug] Debian Struggle

John Dickson jman at neonramp.com
Sat May 22 12:59:35 UTC 2004

I need a little help. Actually alot of help.
I installed the 2.4.26-1-k7 kernel and so far I am pleased.

A couple bugs that I have not yet gotten around. The display settings do
not allow me to adjust the video with a resolution greater that 800X600.
I downloaded the nvidia script for the vidoe and nforce drivers however
neither install. The video sh requires the source kernel that I have
installed yet when I run video it doesn't find it.

The nforce tar does not run make complete. Now while logged in as a user
each time I use Netscape/Mozilla clicking a link I have to click twice.
The first attempt returns a box "The Document Conatins no Data". Same
thing for additional tabs etc. This seems to occur in lynx as well. I
think it may have something to do woth the nforce chipset and a lack of
support for the mobo/inability to install the nforce drivers. Other
indocations that nforce drivers are needed, I occasionally see spurious
irq 7 requests.

I am staying on this. I have been with Redhat for a long time. Time for
change.

John