[olug] Women are from Windows. Men are from Linux.

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Fri May 21 21:55:27 UTC 2004

Ok, I just had to share - I found this posted in the linux community on
LiveJopurnal.com, at
http://www.livejournal.com/community/linux/813175.html?nc=5

Women are from Windows. Men are from Linux.

Men have a single, straightforward interface that accepts direct commands.

Men will do what you want them to do if you tell them very specifically
what you want to have done, where to do it, and how to do it.

Men have a very predictable manner of behaving and won't try to do
everything for you.

Men have the ability to explain, in detail, why they're not "feeling well."

Men are free. Just pick the one you want and say "You'll do."

Men aren't so hard to understand and will allow you to examine how they
work in detail. Some of it may be confusing at times, but it can all be
understood if you keep working at it.

Men prefer to have as many people as possible working on their problems at
once and tend to adapt themselves to either adapt to their environment or
recreate their environment to better suit their needs.

----

Women, on the other hand, have a great number of buttons, switches and
settings that need to be set "just right."

Women will try to anticipate what you want it to do and react accordingly,
but not necessarily in the manner you hoped for.

When things are not right with women, it's nearly impossible to understand
what the source of the problem is.

Women are expensive to obtain and then keep sucking your funds on
"upgrades" once you pick one out.

The underlying operating of women is both a very protected secret and an
archaic, unintelligable language that only the Creator can understand.

No one but the Creator can create solutions to the underlying flaws of
women. The women themselves, however, try to hide their flaws through
varying layers of obfuscation.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson