[olug] Samba

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Wed May 19 03:30:38 UTC 2004

--- Craig Wolf <cjwolf at mpsomaha.org> wrote:
> If "oplocks=no" does NOT work, other than the info
> from Jon on opening it in a WinDB and making a
> change, any other ideas??

<TANGENT DIRECTION='veering off course wildly'>
I wonder if someone has thought of writing a program that could emulate
the layout of the MS-Access MDB file?  A special file (a "named pipe")
could be put in place of the real .MDB file, and then that special file
could be an executable that does the queries on its own and returns the
values as MS-Access expects.  Might make a neat hack since it could have
option of being the middle-man between a shrink-wrapped MS-Access based
program and a "real" back-end database like MySQL/Postgres/Oracle/MS-SQL,
etc.)

Anyone heard of anything like this, or should I quit smoking these illegal
drugs... :-)
</TANGENT>

Now back to the regular thread...

Dan