[olug] DNS issue

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Mon May 17 22:17:05 UTC 2004

The error is sounds like the DNS server doesnt know it's own name which is
required by some OS's. i.e. HPUX. usually this occurs on Wintel DNS
servers.......

On the sun box, you could check by doing a

nslookup www.yahoo.com IP_OF_YOUR_DNS # to verify the problem still exists
nslookup www.yahoo.com 68.96.22.160  #<-or some other DNS to check that
the port 53 path is open