[olug] Newby Needs help

Collard, John John.Collard at aquila.com
Thu May 13 16:37:05 UTC 2004

<off topic>
I second that!  As a newbie who has an existing event on the same night as the OLUG meetings, I find that I have questions that continue to go unanswered.  It would be great to have informal (non-meeting type) event(s) where experienced users and us newbies could get together to work through any issues we have.

Installfests are great ideas, but what do you do when you get the box home and start trying to use it on your own -- wait 6 months for the next installfest?
</off topic>

As for someone that's available for help, I have bothered (dropped in on, without appointment) Jay Swackhammer at Reboot The User on several occasions when I just couldn't figure something out.  His store is open most nights 'til about 9:00 or so, but you can check it out at http://www.reboottheuser.com.

<off topic...again>
By the way, he also has space and connections setup for groups so that could also be a possible location if anyone wanted to meet.
</off topic>

John