[olug] Re: Millard Computer Fair

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat May 1 00:18:25 UTC 2004

<quote who="Christopher Cashell">
> I was thinking more along the lines of a page where people could say
> things like:
>
> Offered: Athlon 64 mobo
>   Hey, I've got an extra Athlon 64 motherboard, supports foo, and I'd
> be
>   willing to part with it for $20.
>
> It should also preferably be something that could be easily updated by
> the person who posted it (so they could remove listings that are no
> longer applicable),

Ooo... Sounds like we need a Wiki. I've seen dozens of Wiki's, all of
which have made me wonder why someone took the time to set them up.
This expressed need is the first time I've thought "Hey! A Wiki would
be great for that!"...

http://wiki.org/wiki.cgi?WhatIsWiki

If I had an Internet connection right now I'd send this email out.
Unfortunately Barnes & Nobles (Oakview) has no Internet and no plans to
add it. The coffee gal said no B&N's have wifi. Isn't this 2004? You
can still sell coffee and not offer Internet access? Huh?

Wiki wiki wiki! Let the wiki abuse flow like the blood of SCO!

Striving for OT mods. I'm in a fiesty mood.