[olug] nostalgia

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat May 1 00:15:26 UTC 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 5:12 PM, Sean Edwards wrote:
> Does anyone else remember measuring kernel compile
> time in  week-ends, arguing with clueless ISP support
> techs about CHAP and PAP password info, fighting with

I remember running a little retail store and charging $35 to perform a
manual striction adjustment to repair hard drives.

Manual stiction adjustment = Whacking the drive on the side with a
rubber hammer to knock the reading head off the spindle.

It worked. Our customers (3?) were happy. Capitalism rules.

Grin,