[olug] uno acm - "the semantic web" by matt payne, friday april 9th

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Mar 31 06:49:20 UTC 2004

Thought this might be of interest to the list, general public is invited.

UNO ACM[1] will be hosting a presentation on:

	"The Semantic Web"[2] by Matt Payne
	Friday, April 9th @ 6pm
	Peter Kiewit Institute, Room: 279

Matt Payne[3], a computer programmer and systems engineer from Omaha,
Nebraska is also a doctoral student studying Information Technology at the
University of Nebraska at Omaha.  His research includes interest in the
Semantic Web, Knowledge Engineering, Information Assurance, and
Collaboration.

Matt will be discussing what the "Semantic Web" is and it's implications
for the future of "the web" and information as we know it,  He will as be
providing an introduction to Blosxom[4] -- a feature rich open source
blogging tool which can be made semantic web enabled.

[1] http://acm.unomaha.edu
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
[3] http://mattpayne.org
[4] http://www.blosxom.com

--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x46D4332E    keyserver: pgp.mit.org