[olug] LINUX on PPC : booting after installation

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 21:31:56 UTC 2004

I am having the same problem with Debian on a Beige
G3.
It has something to do with OpenFirmware:

setenv boot-device hd:6,/vmlinux

or something like that.  I have spent almost a week on
it.  However, it boots from a floppy.

I actually have 9 of these to set up for a computer
lab.  If someone wants to come help, you are welcome;
I will send contact info off-line.   Glen, you are
welcome too, since misery loves company :)

-=Sean Edwards=-
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com