[olug] best practices for modifying root's profile in Suse

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Wed Mar 24 00:14:20 UTC 2004

If the modifications are just for your root user, then I'd put the
modified profile it in the /root home.

In environments where you might be changing the hardware or duplicating
installations over several machines, it's less work backup/lay down a
/root with your modifications than several files elsewhere.