[olug] Local Cisco vendor

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Fri Mar 19 14:22:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:37:12PM -0600, Tim - DZ (iceburn at dangerzone.com) wrote:
> What kind of GBIC did you need?  I have a 1000 Base-SX "Short wavelength
> (Multimode Only)" GBIC....

That is exactly what I needed.  We ended up borrowing one from ITS here
at UNO.  We ordered a backup yesterday so we will have one on hand in
case of future problems (knock on wood).  It was a strange problem to
diagnose, all traffic in and out of our fiber line out worked fine except
two programs could not negotiate a login.  Ended up being the GBIC.
Thanks to everyone who replied.  I'll file the vendor list away for
future reference.
Kent

--
"Efficiency is intelligent laziness."