[olug] Question about cox.....=D

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 18:32:08 UTC 2004

The only port I have found Cox to block is 80.  I am
testing 25 with exim and a dyndns.org domain name
without a problem so far.  I also have 22 (ssh) and
114 (imap) open, without any problems.

For exim to work, I had to define my cox mail server
as a smart host, and define an MX record in the
dyndns.org web config tool.

It could be that cox (instert reason here), has
different port blocking/allowing rules on a subnet by
subnet basis.

Does anyone want to test all 65535 TCP/IP ports with
all  cox subnets, and report their results? Obviously
cox does not want to do it.

-=Sean Edwards=-