[olug] SuSE 9.0 install, Large HD resize issue

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Thu Mar 11 16:35:34 UTC 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 09:43, Collard, John wrote:
> I am attempting to install SuSE in order to Dual boot XP and SuSE on my
> laptop.  The 20G HD is partitioned totally as NTFS.  I have about 7G used
> in the NTFS partition.  Yast won't resize any more than 800Meg to a Linux
> Partition -- I want it to have all 13G.  Is this the 1024 Cylinder issue?
> How do I get around it?
>
> John

You'll probably have to use Partition Magic 8 (support for XP partition types)
to resize the drive.  You might be able to use 'qtparted' on a Knoppix
bootable CD to resize the partition on the laptop, but remember that the NTFS
module in linux is experimental and should only be used as READ-ONLY.

Let me know if you don't have access to PM8, I can probably help you out.

Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer at levania dot org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org