[olug] Cox SMTP

Jake Churchill jachurchill at cox.net
Wed Mar 10 19:31:53 UTC 2004

I used to work for cox and they are pretty retarded most of the time.
the level 1 support that you called is all scripted.  level 2 and 3 are
where people start actually having a brain.  Still, they can't interpret
the information they are given.  I don't work there anymore so I don't
know what's going on right now, but the only time I ever have a problem
is when a work comes around.  Cox blocks port 25 to stop the spread of
the worm or virus.  I'm not aware of that happening right now.

Are you trying to connect to the server using an encrypted password or
just standard?  Cox sucks at security so if you are trying to encrypt
everything it might be causing a problem.