[olug] seeking recommendations for dyndns client

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Wed Mar 10 14:29:04 UTC 2004

What I use to do when I had a dynamic IP address (went wireless) was I had a
script that I ran from cron that would go out pull your current IP from the
dhcpcd progrman and test it against the original IP or what was in the DNS
entry if it changed I sent an email to my DNS server that had a daemon out
there listen for emails coming in and if the Subject had specific wording in
it, then it would strip out the new IP from the email and update the zone
file with it and actually restart the name server.

Granted I had access to my own Nameserver that was outside of Cox's network.
I will see if I still have the code around somewhere, if anyone wants it.

Trent