[olug] RAS for dial-up ISP question

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Fri Mar 5 05:02:23 UTC 2004

thanks for the input...i guess i have one more question on
this sorta thing...at an ISP they have a t-1 that comes in
to the building and a multiplexer divides the t-1 into
around 48 channels(phone lines) right? so people can dial
one access number to reach the ISP.
  Is there another route to do this on a less expensive
line? I dont really wanna shell out 600-800 per month on a
t-1. I want about 24 lines for starting. then maybe more
if all is working in my favor.
  I am reluctant to talk to cox or quest yet as I'm not
sure what i really need yet and I dont want to deal with
sales people.