[olug] RAS for dial-up ISP question

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Wed Mar 3 17:49:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 11:41, 02fun-u2 wrote:
> i have used a rocketport that had 6 built in modems w/ nt ras (i can feel the flames) [...]

Since you were using NT, did it authenticate users to a Windows
"domain"?
I'm trying to replace our NT RAS server but need some way for users to
be authenticated to our domain. I'd like to use a Linux RAS server but
don't know how well that would work.

> [...]this has worked well for quite some time (3 or 4 years) BUT if i was looking at doing this from scratch today right now, I would look at other technologies

What kind of technologies? Can you give us any examples?