[olug] RAS for dial-up ISP question

Nathan D. Rotschafer nrotschafer at geniussystems.net
Wed Mar 3 16:04:15 UTC 2004

Why not just use the cisco solution at that point.  I'm just curious is
someone knows something I don't.  All in hardware and for the price of a
computer and serial board you would be about the same price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3082216149&category=28033

that is an example...then all you get is the octal cable and bam you have
ability for 16 modems in 1 box for $169.  Is there something wrong with this
solution?  I'm just curious cause I'm considering doing this route myself.

Nate