Getting an interview was:Re: [olug] Omaha IT job market

02fun-u2 02fun-u2 at excite.com
Tue Mar 2 18:10:07 UTC 2004

all though i have never been on a hiring committee. before i was an IT person, i did mechanical drafting, one of the guys applying for one of the positions just graduated with an aerospace engineering degree. the boss showed me his resume and said "we should hire this guy that way when any one asks us a question we can tell them to ask the rocket scientist. "

he never made the cut.

that has always stuck with me, shows how you can be over qualified.

thanksfor the recommendations.