[olug] Omaha IT job market

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Tue Mar 2 00:19:17 UTC 2004

<quote who="02fun-u2">

> so whats the current omaha IT job market like?
> are thing do you think from your contact with others better or worse
> than the rest of the US.
>
> is your bis picking up or the same.

In one word: ick

Any positions you do see & apply for expect to hear nothing back; or they
do send the rejection letter to let you know they already hired the
internal candidate. A few that I know who scored a position had an inroad
with the company - so network & start smozing.

I'm stuck in the Government realm right now, so our biz is not picking up
either (not like we have a 'biz') - in fact with my company loosing some
contracts they fired some back office folk (supposedly because they do not
have the funds to pay them).

My contract is firm; in fact I/we will be looking to hire a person for a
new part time position in about a month. When the paperwork is finalized I
will be sure to post the announcement to the list for ya all.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson