[olug] Postfix with aliases or .forward

Terry td3201 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 13:24:49 UTC 2004

Interesting, I am running postfix-1.1.12-1 on RH9 and
it seems to work just fine.

I am curious what happens when you type:
postqueue -f

This will flush your queue.  Check your maillog for
errors.  I would think that if all other mail is
working for you then the queue manager is working.

Paste some logs of this transaction taking place.
Might want to turn some debugging up.  Perhaps postfix
is throwing these items into a queue due to a soft
error that it is waiting to clear up before delivery.

Also, the value in your aliases must be compatible
with RFC 822, therefore, simply putting @hotmail.com
won't cut it.  You need the full myname at hotmail.com
like you said below in your .forward.

--- Shaughn <shaughn at emosai.net> wrote:
> hey... spent all day on irc, and google and such...
>
> for some strange reason, whenever i have an alias ->
> @hotmail.com or
> .forward goes to @hotmail.com
>
> so like i .forward all my mail to myname at hotmail.com
>
> then i receieve something it the /var/log/maillog
> says it's been sent to
> hotmail, with the status, 250 - queued for
> delievery..
>
> it just sits in the cue and doesn't work... am i
> doing something wrong?
>
> here is my postconf -n :(
>
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
> config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
> daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
> home_mailbox = Maildir/
> local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname
> $alias_maps
> mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
> manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
> mydestination = $mydomain, $myhostname,
> savagesquirrel.com, emosai.net,
> dailyoptions.net, bhspage.com, kayl.com,
> furniture-2-go.com
> myhostname = mail.ibusol.com
> myorigin = ibusol.com
> newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
> readme_directory = no
> sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
> sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> setgid_group = maildrop
> smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
> smtp_use_tls = yes
> smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
> smtpd_enforce_tls = no
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> permit_sasl_authenticated,
> reject_unauth_destination
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
> smtpd_tls_CAfile = /usr/local/certs/post.pem
> smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /usr/local/certs/post.pem
> smtpd_tls_key_file = /usr/local/certs/post.pem
> smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
> smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
> smtpd_use_tls = yes
> tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom