[olug] hardware diagnostics with Linux

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Mon Jun 28 02:32:19 UTC 2004

I usually remove all PCI/agp cards and put in one of my
refernce pci video cards as my first step. Many times I've
gotten a computer that has a bad video card works for 5
minutes then messes everything up. Its just proving or
disproving that something works.
  As far as diagnostics I'm not sure if knoppix has that
or not, it does have really nice auto detection though.
  I'm not a tech either but I fix up old boxes beat the
windows outta them and make them my personal binary
slaves.