[olug] Installfest HowTo and Suse ISO

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 05:02:00 UTC 2004

Hey Everybody,

With the installfest a couple of weeks away I think
the following link might be useful.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/Installfest-HOWTO.pdf

I didn't even know there was a HOW-To for
installfests.  OLUG already does most of the things on
the list (Yea!! OLUG!!).  I think the only thing that
looked like we might want to consider is including the
legal disclaimer.  I'm not a litigous <sp?> person.
However some people might be.

I would just quote the relevant sections, but since it
is under the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License),
I'd prefer not to.

Also,  I'm sure most people have seen this by now, but
Suse is offering a free 1-cd downloadable version of
9.1 http://www.distrowatch.com/?newsid=01692#0  This
isn't the minimal boot.iso from before, but looks to
be a useable system.  Novell may actually break the
trend and be unable to bury Suse if they keep doing
this kind of stuff :-)

Regards,

Aaron
=-=-=
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying