[olug] Fwd: ISSA meeting

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 22:28:17 UTC 2004

Dear Lists,

I was informed at work today that there is going to be
a presentation this Thursday night at 5:30pm that may
be of some interest to a few of us.

The Omaha ISSA chapter will be giving a presentation
discussing the PATRIOT Act and it's far reaching
implications and potential dangers.  The presentation
will be held at Mutual of Omaha, 33rd and Dodge, in
one of the Dome Rooms and is open to everyone.

If you plan on attending, there are a few things you
need to know.

1.  You'll need to enter through the front (Dodge)
entrance of the Mutual building and check in at the
Security Desk, located in the lobby.  Be sure to bring
a photo ID.

2.  You'll need to park in the visitor parking lot
located at 33rd and Dodge (directly east of the Mutual
building).  It's free I'm pretty sure.

3.  RSVP to Alex.Luetzow at mutualofomaha.com

It's bound to be an interesting presentation as it
will focus on a rather contravertial law that affects
us all.

For more information, contact me at:
vhpascale3 at yahoo.com or
Vince.Pascale at mutualofomaha.com

or better yet, contact Alex Luetzow at
Alex.Luetzow at mutualofomaha.com.

More details are below...

Cheers,

Vince

> ----- Forwarded by Vince Pascale/MutualOMA on
> 06/14/2004 01:18 PM -----
>

>                       Alex Luetzow
>

>                                                To:
>     Vince Pascale/MutualOMA at Mutual of Omaha
>
>                       06/14/2004 12:26         cc:
>

>                       PM
> Subject:  ISSA meeting
>

> Omaha ISSA Chapter Meeting
>

> Date:      June   17 , 2004
> Time: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
> Speaker:  Tim Butz
>

> Topic:  Privacy and the Patriot Act
>

> Abstract: Presentation will review privacy issues
> and explore the
> information security implications of the Patriot
> Act.
>

>  BIO:  Tim Butz is the Executive Director of the
> Nebraska ACLU.
>

> Location: Mutual of Omaha
> Meeting Room: Dome Room
> Parking: Main lot, 33rd & Dodge.
> Enter: Front door - Picture ID required.
>

> Food will be served.
>

> RSVP:  Alex.Luetzow at mutualofomaha.com
>

> Alex Luetzow
> Sr. Security Analyst
> IS Security Control
> x6882

=====
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   -- Benjamin Franklin