[olug] MythTV

Tim - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Wed Jun 2 13:06:28 UTC 2004

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

fedora / apt-get / atrpms / mythtv 15

you'll be up and running in no time.

I'd use xfs as suggested.

-t

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of PS
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 8:05 AM
To: Omaha Linux User Group
Subject: [olug] MythTV

Hello All,
I am looking for recommendations on setting up my MythTV box.  I finally
have all of the hardware (Dell GX260, Pent4 2GHz, 512M ram, PVR250,
nVidia Geforce 5200 and a 120G hard drive).  However, I can not
determine which OS or method to use in setting everything up.  So, oh
wonderful and mighty OLUG group, do I start with Myth 0.15? do I use
apt-get? or build from scratch? do I use Fedora Core 1 or 2, or how
about Suse 9.1 Pro?

I do not mean to start a distro war, I just want to get my Myth box
built and still have some sanity to enjoy the fruit of my labors.

Thanks for you time and consideration,
Patrick