[olug] WebEx

John Dickson jman at neonramp.com
Sat Jul 31 01:56:25 UTC 2004

Mike Hostetler <hostetlerm at gmail.com> wrote ..
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:26:03 -0500, John Dickson <jman at neonramp.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have a suggestion for OpenSource WebEx type applications?
>
> TighVNC.  I use it all the time to "support" my mother in law (she's
> on XP, I'm on Linux).
>
> http://www.tightvnc.com/
> --
> Mike Hostetler
> thehaas at binary.net
> http://www.binary.net/thehaas
I have installed that as well.
What I am looking for is something that operates in the form of Webinar/WebEx that allows multiple remotes to access a website to view, for example, training navigated by a single user on a web based product or what ever the screen is that the host selects. Typiccally this would not allow the remotes logging in the ability to control anything, only view and contribute in the form of a voice conference. Voice conferencing can be provided via telco or through the WebEx/Webinar type application for those with the correct sound IO.

John