[olug] Web Site Page Hit Couter

edcarlsen at cox.net edcarlsen at cox.net
Wed Jul 28 17:49:04 UTC 2004

This is probably an old topic, but I could use some input.
I am managing (webmaster?) a web site for my church, www.stleo.net. (volunteer, of course)
It is running on Mandrake 9.0, with Apache including PHP and MySQL database.

It started as a simple two or three page website but has grown to 10 to 12 different pages.
I have a web page hit counter running in PHP and storing data in the MySQL database but it only keeps track of total hits to any page.
I would like a (free) PHP script that can keep track of hits to an individual page and display hits per page. Like, number of hits to the "Links" page is xxxx.
I do not want a third party server for tracking hits and I am just getting familiar with PHP and MySQL.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Ed Carlsen