[olug] MythTV install problems

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Tue Jul 27 02:16:59 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 16:55, webtrekker at cox.net wrote:
> Okay, got past this error. However, trying to do the Myth setup I get this
> error. ./setup: error while loading shared libraries: libmythtv-0.15.so.0:
>
> Now I'm stuck. Not sure where I went wrong.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Patrick

This should fix your problem:
Jon

4.2 Shared-Library Requirements for MythTV

 Modifying /etc/ld.so.conf

The runtime manager for shared libraries, /lib/ld.so, gets information about
the locations and contents of shared libraries from /etc/ld.so.cache, a file
created by ldconfig from information in /etc/ld.so.conf. Because MythTV
installs some shared libraries in /usr/local/lib, that directory needs to be
added to the list of directories for ld.so to search when doing runtime
linking of programs, if it is not already there. You do this, as root, by
editing /etc/ld.so.conf, then running ldconfig. There are many ways to do
this; one that works is to enter this series of commands:

$ su -
# echo /usr/local/lib >> /etc/ld.so.conf
# /sbin/ldconfig
# exit
$

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer (at) levania (dot) org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org