[olug] Best printer to use?

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Wed Jul 21 03:40:35 UTC 2004

I checked out CB Joe's machine and got a test page off
just fine with the deskjet however when trying to print
otherwise the cups deamon fails. I didnt see cups running
in the process list so I'm thinking it has to be started.
How do you edit what programs run auto/manual in differnt
runlevels in suse9.1? Or should cups start when a print
job comes up?