[olug] Minneapolis

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Tue Jul 20 13:43:10 UTC 2004

John DiMartino wrote:

> This is somewhat OT but my wife and I are going to be moving to
> Minneapolis and I was wondering if any of you have lived there.  If so:
> 1.  Where should I look for tech jobs
> 2.  What are you impressions?

The Twin Cities are too big for me, but there is a lot of potential for
techie jobs there.  Just open the yellow pages; just about everybody
needs IT these days.  Last time I lived in MN, I worked in Rochester.
 The two big tech employers there are Mayo Clinic and IBM, both good
opportunities if you don't mind commuting.  And Rochester has a good LUG
too.  :)  A LUG friend of mine has a job with Cray in the Cities, and
commutes from Rochester every day.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea