Re: [olug] OT - Would you like fries with that?

dan at linder.org dan at linder.org
Mon Jul 19 22:47:42 UTC 2004

<quote who="Mike Hostetler">
> That's pretty cool technology.  But I'm not sure how it's cost
> effective for them.  Unless they want to hire people that don't speak
> English to work in the MickyD's.

Of course, with the speakers currently in place at the McDonalds I have
gone to recently, the sound quality of the "talking post" is so poor that
the person inside could have perfect English and it would still be garbled
outside. :(

Maybe the lack of a noisy kitchen background will help the customer
understand better!

Dan

--
"I do not fear computer,