[olug] Reminder: InstallFest is This Saturday 12 noon - 6 pm

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Wed Jul 14 02:17:43 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I just wanted to send out a quick reminder to everyone that the
InstallFest is almost here, just a few days away.

This Saturday, July 17th from 12 noon to 6 pm at the AIM
Institute/Clarkson College on 44th and Douglas.

Please check the faq for location information.
<http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=Meetings>

If you would like to help as a volunteer and have not already filled
out an RSVP form, please fill it out so we will know how many people will
be available to help.

If you are planning to come to receive installation help and haven't
filled out an RSVP form, please do so.

RSVP:
<http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=olug_RSVP>

* We May Need Your Old Hardware

Do you have an old NIC, external modem, or video card lying around?
It's always good to have a few spares around for testing or replacement,
to help those who don't have a spare.

A few things to note:

- I'm co-ordinating with a fellow OLUG member to do a 3D modeling
demo using Blender.  This will be ultra cool.

- A MythTV demo system

- FTP Server to download ISO images for several distros

Suse 9.1 will be the distro of choice for the InstallFest.  Others will be
available as well.

See Everyone on Saturday.

Jon Larsen
OLUG

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer (at) levania (dot) org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/